Learn valve maintenance and repair activities associated with common valves used in industrial applications. This course assumes that the student is familiar with valve fundaments.
- Identify and replace worn valve components.
- o Identify high wear components of valves
- o Explain preventative maintenance
- o List indications that a valve requires corrective maintenance
- o Discuss tag out procedures for valve isolations
- Demonstrate how to properly repack a valve.
- o Describe various types of packing and their applications
- o Describe various types of gaskets and their applications
- o Explain precautions associated with working with packing and insulation