Learn the types of valves and actuator used as control elements, valve components, and valve applications. There are hands-on exercises for equipment setup and evaluation.
- Identify the types of valve operators.
- o Describe various types of valve actuators
- o Discuss possible problems with valve actuators and positioners
- o Describe the troubleshooting steps to repair faulty valve actuators
- o State the purpose of bench set information of a pneumatic actuator
- List and explain valve markings
- o Explain the function of a valve positioner
- o State when a valve positioner should and should not be used
- o Explain how to set up a valve positioner
- o Explain the importance of valve position indication and feedback
- o Discuss how valve position information impacts control of a process or system