Learn the concepts and principles associated with rigging equipment, its use, inspection, planning, and proper selection of rigging equipment in accordance with OSHA part 1910.
- Identify the safety hazards associated with rigging.
- Identify and describe rigging gear to include:
- o Wire rope
- o Slings
- o Hardware
- o Hoists
- o Beams trolleys
- o Jacks
- o Rollers and skids
- o Winches
- o Cribbing
- Discuss the fundamentals of rigging.
- Discuss methods used to determine the weight of a load.
- Demonstrate methods used for moving and manipulating loads.