Power Transmission Gears
Learn the concepts associated with gears, gear function, gear backlash, gear lubrication, and gear ratios.
- State the purpose of gears
- Define terminology associated with gears
- Identify and describe various types of gear arrangements, including; Spur gear, Helical gear, Herringbone gear, Bevel gear, Worm gear, Planetary gear
- How to measure backlash in a gearing arrangement
- Evaluate and calculate gear ratios
- Demonstrate inspection and setup techniques for various gear arrangements