Learn the concepts associated with transformers, transformer function, transformer design, transformer maintenance, transformer faults, and transformer inspecting and testing. There are hands-on exercises for transformer wiring and installation.
- Identify and discuss safety issues relating to transformers.
- Explain the theory of transformer operations.
- List and describe the types of transformers.
- Describe the construction and nameplate information of a transformer.
- Demonstrate different types of transformer tap connections.
- Demonstrate proper inspection techniques for transformers.
- Demonstrate proper maintenance techniques for transformers.