Lean Fundamentals (921113) REL-100
Provides the participant with knowledge to be a critical practitioner with waste and 5S. Having a thorough understanding of waste is fundamental to everything else one might do with the lean body of knowledge. The class will focus on learning to "see" waste, developing approaches to eliminate waste, and finding ways to prevent waste from recurring. The 5S portion of the class will focus on developing a deep understanding of the "why and how" of 5S. Class will include techniques to audit and measure 5S performance. Participants will understand that 5S is a foundational part of the lean journey.
- Identify examples of the eight waste categories.
- Understand the impact of waste on the organization.
- Identify steps for conducting a muda walk.
- Define each 5S category.
- Relate how 5S has application to both manufacturing and non-manufacturing operations.
- Define the steps of a 5S audit.