Introduction to Drives
Learn solid-state drive concepts, drive-based motor control, drive and motor setup, and drive programming. There are hands-on exercises for setting up AC and DC drives.
- Describe the operation of diodes, SCRs, and transistors.
- Match the proper motor, gearing drive, and electrical power to a load.
- Describe the basic functions of AC drive hardware.
- Identify the characteristics of shunt and series wound motors.
- Differentiate between field control and armature control of a DC motor.
- Describe the operation of various types of AC drives.
- Describe the operation of various types of DC drives.
- Use the parameters associated with a drive to control motor operation.