Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Fundamentals (920103)
Provides participants with fundamental knowledge and practice on design and process failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA). Participants will learn the purpose and benefits of FMEA, the different types of FMEAs and their focus, QS-9000 FMEA requirements and guidelines, FMEA timing and inputs, and steps required for developing FMEA. This course can be adjusted to focus solely on design or process FMEAs at the client's request.
- Explore key assumptions required for different types of FMEAs
- Study severity, occurrence, and detection ranking interpretation and application
- Consider the differences between requirements, failures, effects, causes, and controls
- Learn how to avoid the common pitfalls
- Understand links between FMEAs and other key documents
- Use step-by-step procedures for completing FMEAs