Direct Current (DC) Crane Controls
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to explain the function, design, and construction of DC cranes and the control equipment; interpret crane control prints; and troubleshoot crane control faults.
- Identify and explain component layout of a crane.
- Describe the function and operation of electrical components associated with DC cranes.
- List and describe the purpose of components located in a DC power control system.
- Describe the operation of DC motors.
- Analyze a DC schematic to determine failed component.
- Demonstrate proper troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrate proper maintenance associated with cranes.