Learn the theory of combustion, associated equipment applied to combustion, safety, and related safety issues associated with combustion.
- Explain the flame triangle.
- Describe the relationship between heat, temperature, and specific heat.
- List and discuss the different methods of heat transfer.
- Identify and discuss the by-products of combustion.
- Identify and describe the importance of stoichiometric conditions.
- Describe the construction of basic combustion systems.
- Describe the safety equipment associated with a combustion system.
- Design a basic fuel train for a combustion system given components.