Bolts and Fasteners
Learn the concepts associated with threaded and bolted fasteners, retaining rings, clamps, pins, keys, and locking devices; the specifications for fasteners; and the assembly of equipment using fasteners.
- Identify the standards associated with bolts and fasteners.
- Describe the different types of basic fasteners and their applications.
- Discuss the appropriate specifications and selection criteria for fasteners.
- Describe the various types of locking devices in common use.
- Select the proper fastener for a given application.
- Demonstrate the proper torqueing techniques for various mechanical fasteners.