Learn the concepts associated with belt drives; belt drive function; belt drive design; belt drive maintenance, installation, and removal; and belt drive faults.
- List and describe the principals of operation of belt drives.
- Identify the types of belts and their uses.
- Demonstrate the proper installation, alignment and tensioning of belt drives.
- Discuss common drive failures.
- Describe various pulley systems
- Explain power transmission using pulley systems
- Inspect pulley systems
- Check alignment of pulley systems
- Properly install and align pulley systems