Learn the concepts associated with bearings; bearing function; bearing design; bearing maintenance, installation, and removal; expected load and wear patterns; and bearing faults.
- Identify and explain the purpose for bearings.
- Discuss the basic terms associated with bearing design and construction.
- Identify and recognize the major components of various bearings.
- Demonstrate proper bearing maintenance and lubrication techniques.
- Demonstrate the proper installation and removal of bearings.
- Examine a bearing and analyze to determine cause of failure.