Train-the-Trainer: Accelerating Worker Performance (916115)
By and large, manufacturing organizations tend to promote higher performers into lead roles without giving them the proper training to develop and mentor their teams into higher performers. Poor OJT trainers can lead to low morale and high attrition, resulting in adverse performance and missing financial goals. With an increase of new hires from an unskilled talent pool, it is more important than ever to provide your trainers with a competency to deliver training in a consistent and concise manner. Tooling U-SME has designed a train-the-trainer workshop that will elevate a frontline supervisor or team leader�s competency to develop and conduct new hire on-the-job training within a manufacturing environment. This team-based, interactive workshop will teach best practices in the development and delivery of OJT.
The methodology taught in the class has been derived, inspired and modernized from best practices in OJT by Manufacturing in the World War II era. The student will learn and practice critical OJT delivery steps, such as Prepare the Learner, Explain the Operation, Practice and Consolidate. They will also learn and practice proper techniques in employee evaluation, under the guidance of best practices.
The class will also cover the necessary knowledge and skills for mentoring and creating a positive learning environment. Finally, the class will discuss best practices in standing up a Worker Qualification Program and drive home the importance of the trainer�s role in the success of a program. This workshop is grounded in theory and emphasized through practice and will develop a professional capability for this area of expertise.
Or fill out this form and a specialist will contact you shortly
- Understand the importance of training and development in eliminating the skills gap,
- Define the millennial workforce, their characteristics and their learning needs,
- Define how adults learn most effectively,
- Understand the role of a mentor in the development of personnel,
- Recall how to create a safe and positive learning environment,
- Enhance one's questioning, listening and facilitation skills,
- Understand the requirements in developing an OJT program,
- Apply best practices in conducting OJT, and
- Recall tools and techniques for performance evaluation of personnel.