Intro to Machine Rigging 110
This class covers basic rigging equipment, calculating loads, inspecting equipment, and following safety precautions.
Number of Lessons 15
- What Is Rigging?
- Basic Lifting Devices
- Jacking Devices
- Heavy Lifting Devices
- Attachment Devices
- Eye Splices
- Knots, Hitches, and Lashings
- Load Calculation
- Define machine rigging.
- Describe basic lifting devices.
- Describe jacks.
- Distinguish between cranes, gantry cranes, and derricks.
- Describe the characteristics of rope.
- Describe the characteristics of chains.
- List the different types of slings.
- Distinguish between hooks, eyebolts, and shackles.
- Describe eye splices.
- Distinguish between knots, hitches, and lashings.
- Explain how to calculate a load.
- Describe basic safety precautions for rigging.
- Describe rigging inspection procedures.