Electrical Safety for Qualified Personnel
Provides guidance in order to comply with OSHA part 1910 regulations and NFPA 70E electrical safety standards, including arc flash protection.
- Describe general safety hazards and precautions associated with electrical systems.
- Describe electrical tool and equipment safety.
- Define voltage level conventions for electrical systems.
- Describe electrical system lockout/tagout requirements.
- Identify the requirements for working on energized equipment.
- Given a scenario, describe the requirements associated with arc flash protection.
- Given a scenario, discuss the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Describe the proper use of electrical protective rubber goods.
- Explain the requirements for protective grounding.
- Describe the electrical safety requirements associated with fuses.
- Describe the electrical safety requirements associated with switchgear and circuit breakers.
- Describe the electrical safety requirements for batteries and DC systems.