Batteries and Uninterruptable Power Supplies
This course provides information on the concepts associated with industrial batteries and Universal Power Supplies (UPS), battery and UPS function, battery and UPS design, battery maintenance, storage and transportation, installation and removal, and potential faults.
- Identify the types of batteries.
- Describe the construction and operation of various batteries.
- Identify industry and government standards for maintenance, testing, replacement, sizing, and installation of lead-acid batteries.
- Identify federal regulations governing lead-acid battery disposal.
- Describe the construction and operation of a UPS.
- Describe the function and operation of a transfer switch.
- Inspect a UPS system.
- Analyze battery charge and discharge rate to determine if replacement is needed.